Due to continued expansion Lexiconnect are looking for a multi-talented and enthusiastic Website Developer to join our Internet Strategy Development team based close to the M1 near Worksop in the Sheffield City Region. Our company has increased turnover over the last five consecutive years and also grown its client base across the UK, EU and the US. We are currently seeking a strong Website Developer who will be focused on front end development whilst gaining exposure to back-end programming, to join our company which is growing from strength to strength.
As a Website Developer you will be fully responsible for production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces. This will also include the development, usability and testing of new and existing client websites, ensuring that client requirements and deadlines are met. You will also be expected to input into the team's strategic plans for future growth and improvement offering news ideas and methods of development as a valued team member.
The ideal applicant for this position will need to be self-motivated, be able to work alone and as part of a project team and be flexible enough to work with clients and other development contractors. At times this can be a demanding and deadline driven environment which can be challenging but also rewarding and enjoyable. You may be expected to travel to events and seminars and attend meetings and workshops.
Web Developer Skills
As a website developer your main function will be the production of website designs, sites, pages and applications. You will also be expected to contribute to the development of modules and technologies already in place to user requests and specifications whilst providing attractive and capable web applications. A mixture of skills is required with consideration to some of the following:
- Website Design & Development
- PHP, & MySQL databases
- CSS, cross browser CSS experience
- SSL security and other payment gateway technologies
- Off the shelf databases for example but not restricted to Magento, X-Cart or Joomla
- Adobe Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks or Flash
- Website server/hosting establishment & upload protocols
- Domain name protocols
- Content management technologies & website authoring software
- Mobile website development
- Social media development
- Frontend and UX Development and good graphics skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving being flexible and proficient
- Familiarity with web development regulations and W3C protocols
- Be able to meet deadlines manage projects
- Good organisational people skills being innovative, reliable & willing to learn
Applications will be considered where some of the skills listed above require training and development. We have a consistent order book in excess of 12 months with job security paramount to our business model.
Our company office location is within a modern eco friendly business centre with ample parking, on-site café and nearby train station. Ideally a full UK driving licence would be a requirement as travel to client locations would form part of the role to undertake project related tasks. If you have no driving licence we would look to support you on this.
Personal development and enhancement is also available as part of the role with financial rewards available to the right candidate. Our company culture operates with sustainability, profitably and growth as three primary objectives. This role is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.