Senior Network Engineer
A leading global provider of outsourced business solutions is seeking a Senior Network Engineer - Lead Network Engineer - Snr. Network Engineer to join their company on a permanent basis at their office in Colchester, Essex.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Main purpose of the role
The Senior Network Engineer - Lead Network Engineer - Snr. Network Engineer will provide management control, implementation and maintenance of all company network infrastructure and equipment that support the SBUs (Strategic Business Units) operating in Colchester (locally) and with influence over global network configuration. 2nd and 3rd Line support of the global data center in the UK that covers customers both internal and external.
The Network Engineer will provide complete customer support for operation and maintenance of all network hardware within locale and to participate in architectural decisions over global networks.
You will be hands on and conduct new advances in technology. Also demonstrating a clear ITIL framework understanding to deliver great service to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the maintaining of operating systems loaded on appliances and ensuring compliance with latest releases and patches.
- Responsible for the daily analysis of log files, intrusion reports, network statistics and conducting change control requests.
- Analyse client needs in regard to hardware, software and communications. Making specific recommendations to management within budgetary and management guidelines.
- Communicate hardware/software requirements to management for discussion and analysis. Coordinates installation of hardware and software with clients, vendors, and other supporting staff to coincide with receipt of equipment.
- Configures and maintains firewalls, switches and routers.
- Thoroughly testing all systems prior to client interaction.
- Install and maintain operating systems for network appliances including migrating to new OS releases and loading patches.
- Keep LAN / WAN / Firewall systems current in terms of equipment and software upgrades.
- Maintain all networking documentation so it is accurate and current.
- Trouble-shoot communications problems between the local office and other branch offices throughout Europe.
- Responsible for backup, security administration and all other administrative functions for networking kit within the specific
- Support international unified communication (VoIP telephony) and mobile communications
- Run regular security and violation reports.
- Maintain existing systems through documentation, reporting and written procedures.
- Provide backup for security functions as required.
- Provide backup network applications (DNS, DHCP, FTP) as required.
- Provide backup for second level client support to the helpdesk.
- At least 6 years' experience in a commercial environment where Cisco networking was their primary role.
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required or similar certifications with relevant experience such as Network+ or Check Point.
- Proven experience in IT support, network administration and system design on medium-large LAN/WAN systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN related problems/issues.
- Cisco IOS routing and switching experience including Meraki, ASA and Nexus devices.
- Experience of supporting Check Point or other enterprise firewalls.
- Experience of network management and monitoring systems, i.e. Cacti, SmokePing, MRTG
- Experience of Voice over IP systems, i.e. Interactive Intelligence, Polycom, AudioCodes
- Direct hands-on experience with servers and related equipment.
- Excellent communications and customer support skills and good documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter
Experience & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate a high degree of being able to work on own initiative and motivation
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive personality
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the brand.
- Strong business acumen, customer focus and automotive knowledge (desirable)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
If you are an experienced Senior Network Engineer - Lead Network Engineer - Snr. Network Engineer looking to pursue an excellent career opportunity with a global organisation - please apply today!