Area Manager - Cleaning
This is an exciting opportunity to join an independent national cleaning services provider based in Greater London. With 35 years of experience our success is based upon customer service, quality and reliability.
We have an enthusiastic, dynamic and professional team with exciting growth plans and we are now seeking an Area Service Manager covering the South London, Surrey and Sussex areas to join us and help shape the company’s future.
You will manage a portfolio of High Street Retail brands and will lead teams of site supervisors and cleaning operatives in delivering the company's services. As this is mainly a field based role you will be expected to visit sites regularly and particularly during the morning cleaning shift which mainly operates 6:30am -10:00am.
- Manage the day to day operations and contract delivery to all clients ensuring high care and attention levels are delivered, control measures implemented, and standards maintained.
- Ensure all communications are followed up, and scheduling of all work is completed to client’s satisfaction.
- Conduct joint audits and inspections with Management and Clients creating an environment where continuous improvement is the focus, ensuring SLA’s, and client objectives are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with current legislation and company policies for H&S and HR matters.
- Manage and control budgets across the region, ensure payroll information is received, complete and correctly submitted within the time scales set.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff, managing your team and resources to meet the daily schedules and business requirements of clients at all times.
- Be an excellent role model for all staff and ensure that you represent the company in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate must be client facing, with the ability to build strong relationships. You will require excellent organisation, communication and people management skills, being highly motivated, having a positive and proactive approach to your work.
Your hours of work will be 40 per week Monday - Friday, and Saturday mornings as required by the needs of the business.
The package will include a company car, along with a phone and IPAD, and you will have access to pension and cash health plans.
A proven track record and management experience within the cleaning/FM industry of 2 years or more are essential, formal qualifications are desirable. The position is permanent with excellent opportunities for development and growth to the right candidate.
Due to expected high numbers of applicants you will be contacted with 14 days if short listed for interview.