IT Project Manager
About The Facility
London's largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams. This position will be based from our new and rapidly growing IT offices in London Bridge.
Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing IT projects of moderate to medium complexity, including estimating, planning, execution, scheduling, definition of product functionality, and cost/budget development and tracking.
Project Manager works with Business Owners, IT&S Product Owners, and Solution Leaders to define a project's objectives and scope; works across the IT&S organization to acquire resources and form project teams; estimate project schedule and costs; manages the work of team members and third-party contractors, consultants, and vendors, to deliver IT products according to plan, schedule, and budget.
The Project Manager oversees projects from initiation, to development of the defined results, and through deployment of the product, including turnover to the appropriate systems support and user support organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and manages projects from beginning to end. Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business and IT&S goals, in collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Works with Business Owner/Sponsor and Solution Leader and others as needed, to create a project charter, including the definition of completion criteria.
- Develops labour estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans for projects. Determines the human resources - roles and skills - required to achieve project goals.
- Works with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel to staff the project. Determines the need for additional staff and/or consultants and recruits/hires if necessary during the project.
- Provides leadership in forming the appropriate project team in order to meet the project's objectives.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project's objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Organizes project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work.
- Ensures that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
- Managing and communicating a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivating the team members
- Understanding and communicating the definition of completion criteria (what constitutes 'done')
- Ensuring that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired result within a given period of time
- Support Division CIO in scheduling and prioritizing workload given resource constraints.
Skills & Experience
- PMP or PRINCE2 Certified
- Experience with Agile is essential
- Association for Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) or Chartered Management Institute (CMI) certified
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Managing small and medium complexity IT / Systems Integration projects
About The Individual
- Resolving queries in a timely manner, seeking assistance as required
- Prioritises workload in conjunction with line management
- Assigns project work according to the plan and schedule. Monitors project activities and reports on status.
- Reviews quality of work and manages integration of team members' work.
- Identify issues/concerns and communicate to the relevant parties