Our client was founded in 1990 with the aim of supplying high quality shop fittings to the retail sector. The business has seen year on year growth and due to continued expansion they are seeking to employ a full time ambitious Financial Controller that can lead and develop the current finance team.
Main role and responsibilities
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design and leadership of its organizational structure to achieve the department's goals and objectives
- Liaise and build relationships with lending banks, surpassing their expectations. All aspects of bank management including invoice discounting
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions eg banks, solicitors, Italian parent contacts, crucial suppliers and customers (UK and international)
- Legal requirements such as VAT, HMRC, Intrastat, NI, Payroll and pensions are processed correctly and on time.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Propose and consult the FD/MD on use of hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions, when see fit
- Produce full profit and loss budget packs and report monthly and year to date, B v A v V. Statements of banks, suppliers, customers to agree at end of each month.
- Liaise with fellow managers to understand trend of sales, stock holding, imminent stock need , admin procedures etc
- Manage audit procedure with external auditors, submitting entire accounting system with all required supporting informations
- Positively representing the company to the highest possible standard to customers and members of the public.
- Ensure the compliance of all company policies and legislative requirements.
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with all internal personnel.
- Behaving reliably and honestly with colleagues, customers and other contracts regardless of status.
- Maintain a high level of attendance and timekeeping.
- Understand and continually contribute to the development of your working practices.
- Strive to achieve company objectives beyond what is expected or required.
- Attend and participate, when required, in both internal and external meetings.
- Adopt a very flexible attitude to ensure all duties and expectations are met.
- Have a sense of priority and acting promptly.
- Recognise and respond flexibly to unexpected situations, problems and opportunities.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks required in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contributing to and supporting the overall goals and direction of the company.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and the department.
Contribute to the achievement of the UK and group strategic objectives.