Service Desk Engineer
A telecommunications and contact centre solutions provider
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- The Service Desk Engineer will work in a dynamic team to provide an excellent support service to customers.
- Act as a direct contact point for customers for issues resolution.
- Provide support services for customers using call centre technologies.
- Provide an excellent customer service experience at all times.
- Understand severity of technical issues and escalate or resolve accordingly.
- Carry out 1st line troubleshooting and testing.
- Complete all relevant documentation and logging of tickets.
- Keep the customer in the loop at all time with incidents throughout resolution.
- Ensure logging system is kept up to date with accurate information.
- Work cohesively within a team and provide support to other team members when necessary.
- Work in line with set SLAs.
- Strive to achieve set resolution and customer satisfaction targets.
- Receive technical guidance from more senior technical members of the team.
- Strive to develop technical knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience:
- A degree, ideally within a technical discipline.
- Experience of working in a customer facing helpdesk/support role, ideally within a technical environment.
- Good troubleshooting and testing skills.
- Knowledge of contact centre or call centre technologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Experience of using ticketing or service management systems/applications.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- An analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- A keen learner who’s looking to develop their technical knowledge.
- A great team player who is positive and motivated.
- Southern Scotland