Java Developer Darlington £42,000 Permanent.
£42,000 lots of benefit
Permanent, Flexi time
This role will only suit developers wanting to work in a cutting edge enviroment and with cutting edge technology, the enviroment you will be working in is very similar to Google.
The Digital Delivery Team will be structured using a multitude of developed roles, initially consisting of Digital Leads, Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing and Digital Technologist - Development & Data. This is likely to expand as the team moves forward encompassing additional roles. For this team to be the best it can be we are looking for individuals who are passionate about their career and keen to develop further, we want candidates who continually develop themselves keeping up to date with the newest technologies and updates within the Digital space.
The Digital Delivery Team will work with the users to continually develop best practises and fully understand the systems inside out in order to develop the best possible system for both our business users and our customers.
- Building web products to serve a variety of users needs
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suit to support a Continuous Deployment environment
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and share
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Taking part in 2nd line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside office hours
- Reuse code from across Government / open source platforms
- Analysis of problems though user research and data to create solutions
- Produce reliable and reusable code
- Work with other SLC areas to develop products and services
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations to seek best option
- Ensure the service offer thoroughly considers customers needs and a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time, rewarding success
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Coach and support colleagues to take responsibility for their own development (through giving accountability, varied assignments and on-going feedback)
- Establish and drive intra and inter team discussions to learn from experience and adapt organisational processes and plans
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Understanding of agile methodology and experience in working in an agile environment
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of the use of version controls such as Git or Subversion
- Experience of working on technical projects within a team
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of Test Driven Development or a similar methodology and/or with automated test frameworks
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
This role offers a great salary with an excellent pension scheme, it also offers a wide variety of other perks like and healthcare flexi time.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and work alongside people with a real passion for what they do.
Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.