AMT opened in 1992 with a mission to make the best cup of coffee in the UK, quickly and with a smile. Two decades on and still independently owned, we have over 50 coffee bars across the UK and Ireland, 400 customer driven employees and a head office in Knightsbridge.
We serve 20,000 customers every day, following the same mission statement as when AMT was created and continue to give customers a personalised service and a delicious product range, without compromising on quality or value.
About the Role
The primary focus of the role is to help maintain the purchasing operation of the business. You will liaise with suppliers and place orders to maintain sufficient stock levels across the business as well as provide support with supply chain management related tasks. This position will require effective and accurate monitoring of stock levels, analytical skills and great organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Aiding the Purchasing Manager in daily duties including Stock Control, Wastage Management, Supply Chain Management and Budgeting
- Work with Procurement Analyst to manage stock levels in conjunction with warehouse partners, to ensure right levels of stock and good product availability
- Working with the Purchasing and New Product Development Managers to understand demand changes, seasonal range launches and product discontinuations to ensure product availability and smooth product launches
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure service level is kept and issues are dealt with in a timely manner; recording all complaints with regards to the supply chain issues and providing the Purchasing Manager with weekly and monthly reports and action plan to improve
- Working with the Purchasing Manager and the New Product Development Manager on new campaign launches, setting up stock lines and recipes using Company systems
- Admin duties including: maintaining FnB and EPOS systems, filing and sending contracts, ensuring that all products are listed under the correct VAT code
Do you want to be part of the AMT’eam? We believe our people are the best asset we have and are the heart of the company.
To excel as our Purchasing Assistant, you will be very organised. You will have excellent communication and negotiating skills, and the ability to work with employees at all levels across the business.
- Strong I.T. skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Food and Beverage industry
Personal attributes and skills:
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Analytical skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to work well unsupervised
- Interest in Food and Beverages and awareness of market trend
- Knowledge of FnB systems
- Knowledge of EPOS till systems
In return for your hard work and dedication to AMT Coffee we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, so if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We want to hear from you.