Shovel Operator / Team Leader
We have an opportunity for an experienced Shovel Operator / Team Leader to join our team based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Hours: Mon-Fri, 06:00 – 17:00 (Occasional weekend work may be required)
Salary: £28,288 + benefits including company pension scheme and uniform.
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Shovel Operator / Team Leader - What’s the role?
- To operate and maintain various wood processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- To exercise caution at all times and report any accidents or incidents immediately to site management
- To co-operate with management to maximise site processing capabilities.
- To work as a fully engaged and flexible member of a small operating team
- To work shift patterns that could be subject to change depending upon the business need
Shovel Operator / Team Leader - What will I be responsible for?
- Operating a variety of machinery in a safe and efficient manner. (Only machinery that you have been fully trained and signed off to operate).
- Use all appropriate PPE. (supplied and required training provided)
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately to your team leader or site management.
- Report any machinery defects or issues immediately to your team leader or site management.
- Ensure machinery is maintained as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Always be aware of the sites Environmental responsibilities. (Training will be provided)
- Abide by all company procedures, policies and protocols
- Attend training courses as required.
- Maintain your working area to a high standard
- Always conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner
To submit your CV for this Shovel Operator / Team Leader opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.