Designate Manager - London Area
THE MISSION OF A DESIGNATE STORE MANAGER (the Role):
Designate Store Managers at Sofa Workshop thrive on delivering superior customer service, exceeding targets and our mission of making the world a more comfortable place. This is a great opportunity to provide designate management support whilst developing towards a Store Manager position. You will assist in guiding the team to effectively educate our customers on our market leading quality, fabrics, features and best care of our handmade sofas, chairs and footstools. Our employees stand out from the crowd for their customer service - in the same way that the quality of our sofas stand out from the crowd too. Of course, you’ll also be part of a brand that has 30 years experience in our London Region. Our Store Teams are vitally important to Company success as we rely on them to share our passion, with our customers, for our beautiful handcrafted products, with integrity and authenticity. To help with this, everyone has the chance to visit our workshops to see how our furniture is handmade by skilled craftsmen for our customers. If you are in search of a new and exciting challenge which comes with future opportunities, then this could be the ideal move for you.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Uncapped earnings potential (with a 12 month guarantee)
- 31 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme and life assurance
- First class management training which is highly regarded within the industry
- Generous staff discount and a vast selection of discounts with partner retailers
- You will be joining during a time of significant growth with the opportunities that go with this
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DESIGNATE STORE MANAGER (the Tasks):
- Through the induction and training programme you’ll fully get to grips with the business, culture and our customers plus meet a number of teams in your designated region
- Post induction and training, you will be responsible for the positive impact of sales, profits and standards within your designate store
- It is our intention that you’ll complete a number of months in a Designate role supporting Stores in your region, following which you will take responsibility for your own store as soon as a position becomes available
- You will provide day to day designate management support, coaching team members in customer care and product knowledge
- Optimise and sustain sales revenue, performance and profitability ensuring passion for customer service is consistently delivered
- Ensure a stimulating, positive and friendly working environment is achieved
- Oversee the vision and mission of Sofa Workshop within the store
DESIGNATE STORE MANAGER MUST HAVE’S (the knowledge, skills and qualifications):
- Passion for our bespoke products
- Vibrant, upbeat and confident personality
- Competitive spirit and a proven record for achieving success in KPI’s and Sales
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- A proven track record in Management ideally within Retail or working with a premium brand
- Being a role model who consistently delivers an amazing customer experience
- Highly analytical and business minded you would look to add value, and fresh ideas in what is a rapidly expanding business
- Flexibility with store location and hours is necessary in this role as well as a clean UK driving licence and car
A DESIGNATE STORE MANAGER’S WORKING WEEK (the Hours and location):
This is a retail environment and we expect all employees to be flexible with the days they are available to work. The position of Designate Store Manager requires you to work flexibly across a number of store locations throughout the London area. Therefore you must be able to drive and be happy to travel.
Due to the high volume of interest that we receive, it is not possible for us to reply to all applicants. Therefore, if you have not received a response from us within 4 weeks, please assume that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thanks for reading and we hope you find this inspiring to get in touch and find out more.