Cyber Security Manager
cyber "cyber security" cissp cism cisa security "cyber security manager" gcih isaca isc "information security"
Cyber Security Manager for a leading Global managed network services provider.
Up to £65k base plus 15% bonus and benefits
We are changing the perception of our business and industry sector. As part of this transformation we are growing new services and teams to facilitate and drive the business to the next level.
We provide world-class network and communications services to information-intensive businesses across Europe, Asia and North America.With local market understanding and global reach - we are big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
The role of Cyber Security Manager is essential to the identification, provision and management of appropriate security enforcing technologies designed to defend us against cyber-attacks, minimise risk and support strategic aims.
Additionally, the Cyber Security Manager provides leadership and management of the Cyber Security Incident Response team and is responsible for the timely and effective identification, mitigation and remediation of cyber security related incidents
- Effective leadership and management of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team
- Timely response to cyber security incidents including identification, investigation, mitigation, remediation and identification of lessons.
- Development of the CSIRT and associated tools and technologies to support our strategic aims.
- Monitoring of and reporting on the effectiveness of our security enforcing technologies.
- Assisting in the development of our information security awareness and training initiatives.
- Provision of specialist advice and guidance aimed at the identification, mitigation and management of cyber security related risks.
- Management and development of cyber security related policies, standards and processes.
- Advocate and evangelise information/cyber security across the company.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Effective financial management of and within the CSIRT team
- Measuring effectiveness of security enforcing technologies
- Measuring effectiveness of cyber security related awareness initiatives
- Timely review and management of policies, standards and processes.
- Timely response to and management of cyber security incidents
- Timely response to requests for cyber security related questions and input.
Relationships and key contacts
- The Cyber Security Manager is required to develop and maintain internal and external relationships as required by the role. These include, but are not limited to participation in Government 'information exchange’ meetings and other opportunities to share information to identify and to understand and implement good practise.
- The Cyber Security Manager is expected to develop and maintain contacts at management level across the company to ensure effective outcomes. External contacts include peer organisations, law enforcement and government agencies as appropriate and as required.
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- This role requires the holder to successfully manage a geographically dispersed team and to provide high quality and accurate reporting to be used at Audit Committee and Board level.
- The Cyber Security Manager should have the following key skills and experience:
- Effective team management.
- Demonstrable experience of generating of timely and accurate reporting
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of information security aspects of networks, incident response and forensics principles.
- Systems administration experience of UNIX/Microsoft operating systems
- Systems administration experience of network devices.
- Managing and responding to cyber security incidents.
- Experienced in the use of open source forensic tools.
- Experience of using and configuring vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience of using and configuring SIEM tools.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering complex technical projects.
- Ability to translate technical security concepts to enable broad understanding.
- Proactive individual focused on supporting business aims.
- Collaborative team player able to act on their own initiative.
- Accomplished stakeholder manager.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA (essential)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) (essential)
- Member of IISP or equivalent professional body (ISACA, ISC2 etc) (essential)
- Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) (desirable)
- Degree in a technical subject (MSc Information Security) (desirable)