2nd Line Support Analyst
Purpose of the role
The 2nd Line Support Analyst is accountable for the high level of customer service and client satisfaction that Core’s customers require from the Managed Services division. This role must ensure SLA’s are met and the individual must proactively manage and prioritise their workload and develop a positive working relationship with CORE staff and customers.
Further responsibilities include:
- Provision of 2nd line support service for hardware and software incidents
- Installation of hardware and software.
- Provision and support of mobile devices.
- Working collaboratively with other teams where incidents and service requests require cross-functional activities.
- Assisting the documentation of our Services as appropriate.
- Project delivery support
- Identification of service improvement opportunities
- A broad technical knowledge of PC's\peripherals and their architecture
- Experience working in an IT Service Desk environment
- Proven software\hardware troubleshooting skills
- PC\Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- An ability to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and the extended Core user base.
- To work closely and liaise with Core Infrastructure, Project Management and Account Management teams
- Not only have a 'can do’ but an 'over and above’ attitude to professional standards and working practises and a willingness to see work through to its completion.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills. Core provide excellent web based and certified training and use the latest (predominantly) Microsoft technologies that are commensurate with being a Microsoft Platinum Partner.
- Someone who prides themselves on customer satisfaction and believes in process improvement initiatives, with examples provided.
- Be prepared to work on a 7 day shift basis that includes occasional weekends and bank holidays.
Desirable skills\qualification\experience required
- Microsoft certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's)
- MS Exchange 2007\2010\2013
- Exchange Server 20xx
- Windows 7\8\8.1\10
- Quest Active Roles
- Quest Defender
- Windows Defender
- Routers, printers, laptops, firewalls and switches
Benefits of working with Core
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary in the region of £30k
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
- The opportunity to learn and receive paid for training and exams in current technologies include Microsoft, ITIL and Cisco.
- A structured career path that allows personal development as Core expands