Junior Software Developer / Software Developer
Job Title; Junior Software Developer / Software Developer
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Start Date ASAP
A software developer is a vital role within our agile development studio, working with the other roles in the sprint team to create valuable working software
By applying analytical thinking, technical development, problem solving techniques and software automation to produce testable and well validated incremental software solutions to drive quality in our outcomes and pride in our products
Applying clean coding practices to deliver improvements to existing software and influence others through continuous improvements to work towards a flexible and maintainable product set
This is a fantastic opportunity to get an initial 'foot in the door' with a rapidly expanding IT and Software Development company.
Summary of Junior Software Developer / Software Developer main duties and responsibilities:
- Be prepared to be wrong; Call out assumptions and test them with real customers as quickly as possible
- Work within the sprint team to deliver working software
- Maintain focus on delivering the sprint with valuable and working software components
- Challenge stories where the change doesn't deliver end user value or well-formed acceptance criteria
- Assess and suggest technical solutions to user requirements
- Collaborate with the team on each sprint objective and understanding the work involved, making trade-offs where necessary
- Collaborate to develop test driven software with automatic repeatable tests
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure knowledge is shared appropriately
- Contribute to excellent communication within the team, acting as conversation starter rather than barrier or control point for discussion and decision making
- Work with other product team members to increase the effectiveness of software planning, its development and application within the principles of Scrum/Agile in the organisation
- Ensure a team dynamic where work can be criticised but individuals are not.
Who we are:
Gilmond Consulting provides IT systems and services to the energy retail sector: that's all we do, and that's why our customers trust our systems and operational services to support their supply businesses.
The ideal Junior Software Developer / Software Developer will need to be:
- Someone who always listens and is always present
- Someone who demonstrates empathy and respect for people's situation, role, ideas and needs and always has empathy and advocate for the customer, and help the team to have a similar focus
- Someone who encourages simplicity over complexity
- Someone who always allows software craftsmanship to thrive; never that teams should sacrifice the quality of their solutions for a quick win
- Someone who recognises that speed of progress is about choosing the right things, working in small increments of value, embracing feedback/learning and delivering with technical excellence rather than "increasing velocity"
- Someone who looks to understand and improve existing code rather than find reasons to find fault and criticise
You will need to have:
- Good understanding of C# syntax
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Desire to deliver high quality software ensuring attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable approach to the working environment
- Experience of working in a team environment, whilst taking responsibility for own work
- Experience of software development in an agile product development studio would be desirable
- Knowledge of Web Development/Clean Coding/Databases would be beneficial
What we offer our Junior Software Developer / Software Developer:
- Salary of £25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
- Exceptional Development Opportunities
- Flexible Benefits
- Fantastic working environment in offices with sea views in central Bournemouth
- 30 days' holiday (inclusive of 8 bank / public holidays)
- Pension Contribution Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice Parking option
- Free hot and cold drinks and fruit bowls replenished daily
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each candidate individually, although we do try our best! If you do not hear from us within 14 days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but we wish you all the best in your future job search.
Apply today for the chance of an early interview!