Package 60-80k basic plus car allowance + benefits
To lead and deliver (one or multiple) large scale, complex, strategic or global projects/programmes on behalf of a Project Sponsor together with a Project Owner within the defined tolerances for cost, quality, scope, time, risk and benefits.
Lead a project team comprising significant cross business internal and external resources to deliver the project / program outcome(s) and expected benefits as defined in the business case(s).
* Initiate and lead the preparation of feasibility studies or RFP in the development of project proposals, definitions, dependencies, and plans.
* Build robust commercial business cases with Commercial Finance assistance that meets the needs of the Project/Program objectives
* Ensure robust auditable and timely cost control and benefits realisation progress monitoring through the life of the project/program
* Influence and support project sponsor(s) and key stakeholders to maintain their full engagement, ownership and visible support for change
* Lead the creation and implementation of change management and communication plans as appropriate to the project or program
* For Programs - Lead the development of program roadmaps which effectively cover the projects, change activities, initiatives, organisational changes and KPI metrics that effectively make up a fully integrated program plan/roadmap in accordance with PMO methodologies, tools and templates
* For Projects - Lead the development of fully integrated plan(s) which effectively cover the design, develop, test, solution / change implementation and review stage gates of the project(s) in accordance with PMO methodologies, tools and templates
* If required, manage the evaluation and selection of appropriate software solutions and implementation partners including the preparation of formal RFP's (Request for Proposal)
* Monitor and control project delivery progress taking full accountability for delivery per plan and budget. Proactively monitor overall progress, resolve/escalate issues and risks, and initiate corrective or mitigating actions.
* Deliver timely and up-to-date project progress reports to PMO, Program Board(s), Steering Group(s), Sponsor(s), and stakeholders and relevant PM community
* Work in partnership with IT Delivery Managers to direct functional and technical project delivery activities, including business process and solution blueprint design, delivery of the required solution(s), testing, implementation & rollout plans
* Manage the development of a post change go-live support model, and the transition to business as usual / on-going support model
* Arbitrate, influence and mediate to resolve disputes, mitigate risks and resolve issues
* Share best practice within the PM community to support PM capability, training, skill development
* Ensure prioritisation of consumer and commercial needs underpins all project management activity
* Delivery of robust business cases and supporting plans to prescribed business problems or strategic direction
* Delivery of approved projects/programmes within approved scope, time, quality, cost, risk constraints
* Realisation of project benefits as determined in the business case
* Project sponsor, project board and key stakeholders actively engaged with and satisfied with project/programme approach outcomes
* Effective management, resolution or escalation of project issues and risks
* Strong partnering relationships across Functions, Regions and within the IT function
* Effective leadership of project/program and change management capability and processes
* Sound knowledge of project and program management methodology and tools associated with leading business change and effective change management
* Highly proficient at managing large scale project plans with interdependencies
* Understanding of key methodologies - e.g. business process mapping Stakeholder management
* Planning budgeting and business case presentation
* High impact presentation skills
* Effective data analysis and information management.
* Project and Program accreditation
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills (influencing and negotiating, expectation and relationship management)
* Ability to challenge the status quo constructively at all levels and escalate appropriately
* Commercial acumen
* Skilled negotiator
* Engaging facilitation and presentation skills
* Conflict management skills
* 3rd party relationship management
* Accreditation in recognised project and program management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE, MSP) is essential
* Strong and proven PM competence, successful project and program delivery of several large, complex global/cross functional projects and benefits realisation
* Strong and proven leadership skills
* Experience in engaging with and influencing senior management, directors and board members
* Budget management or benefits realisation over £5m+
* Significant (> 5 years or equivalent in number of projects / programmes managed) project management experience in a relevant industry sector
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.