2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst
Our client is an established and growing software provider based in Wetherby, West Yorkshire. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for a 2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst to join their existing Software Support team. This role is predominantly 2nd Line support, however, will also involve some 1st Line support.
Our client is continuously investing in new technologies, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to advance their skills, dealing with blue chip organisations.
2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst - Summary & Purpose of Role:
- To contribute towards a help desk function to fully satisfy customer needs. This will include ensuring that all contractual SLAs are met and that there is a high level of customer satisfaction in problem solving and fault resolution.
- This role will be hands on with the help desk function ensuring that the highest level of customer satisfaction is attained within SLAs.
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a fast moving and growing organisation, with highly talented colleagues and an impressive list of clients.
- Our client will provide the challenge, the opportunity to build a broad range of skills, develop leading edge knowledge and work with a diverse range of people.
2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst - Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To answer the telephone in a friendly and professional manner and deal with queries from the customer base who use our client’s different Software products and websites.
- A skill in explaining things clearly in Plain English is essential.
- To log, triage, investigate and resolve support cases raised due to issues with the use of the suite of Software Solutions. These cases are logged in both the main Central Helpdesk and where required the Supplier Support Systems from phone calls, emails, Contact Us responses from the websites and from cases logged within the system by the customers.
- To assist in managing and maintaining the Hosted Environments in the UK and the US and performing the role of system managers for those customers who host their Software with our client. To follow an ITIL Approach to manage and maintain any change within these environments.
- To perform a review of Daily Checks on the Hosted Environments and act on any outcomes, investigating and resolving issues where required.
- To perform routine maintenance tasks on our clients hosted systems including collating Daily Checks Emails and Weekly Penetration Testing Reports.
- To provide customer satisfaction to the agreed business levels.
- To provide customer and partner support within SLAs on a continuous basis.
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer courtesy and proactive responses are being adhered to.
- That both verbal and written customer communications are of the highest standards.
- To ensure that accurate records are kept of all customer communications.
- To ensure that all contact to the helpdesk is tracked and recorded and responded to within given timeframes
Minimise repeat reoccurrence of queries (internal and external) by ensuring accurate and timely Knowledge Base articles.
2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst - Qualifications & Experience:
- Background in helpdesk/customer care essential, dealing with customers via telephone and email is ideal.
- A level of technical capability or knowledge including database interrogation, SQL scripting, software fault-finding, Interface/Integration Issue Investigation and finding alternative solutions to technical software problems would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience in software support, Windows based Operating Systems, Various Web Browsers and MS SQL Language would be advantageous
- Must demonstrate a hands on approach and consistent delivery.
2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst - Person Specification:
- You should be a team player who integrates easily and communicates positively
- You should be able to identify where support is required and proactively provide it
- You should be committed to providing outstanding customer service (internally & externally)
- You will need to be self-motivated - thriving in a hands-on environment and require minimum management supervision
- You need to be flexible and adaptable - excited by new ideas and/or technology and, willing to pick up and work with new initiatives no matter how unfamiliar
- Our client seeks people who are ambitious, seek to improve their performance, and are interested in training and generally in personal development
- Highly organised - managing workload and delivering
- You should be able to demonstrate initiative and have problem solving skills and be able to think laterally
2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst offering £18,000 - £25,000 basic salary plus excellent benefits. As the support team continues to grow, there will be a requirement in the future to work some shifts to support our clients US office.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position 2nd Line Technical Software Support Analyst.