One of the UK's market leading organisations is undergoing a period of exciting growth and transformation with particular emphasis on IT change and development. Consequently, they are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced technical Project Manager to join the established Business Systems team. Reporting into the Programme Manager, the main purpose of the role is to deliver a portfolio of projects within time, budget and quality. The successful Project Manager will ensure that every system solution is appropriate for its purpose and suitable to be delivered by 3rd parties.
Key project focus for this role will initially be infrastructure, networking. eg. desktop refresh etc. However, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate breadth across many technical areas; business systems, web/online, data centres...
The Requirements of the Role
- Proven Project Management experience is essential in a B2C environment would be beneficial
- Good technical background - historic IT Engineer/IT Technician
- A good understanding of Project Management processes such as plan management, RAID management, quality management and change management
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the business and project stakeholders
- Effective communicator at all levels and the ability to influence at a senior level
- Experience working with onshore and offshore projects teams
- Ability to plan and prioritise within a fast paced environment
- Self starter, demonstrating initiative to achieve results and improve processes/drive new solutions
- An understanding of complex systems and processes would be advantageous
- An awareness of new and emerging technologies and business trends
- Prince 2 Qualification would be advantageous but not essential
If you have the PM experience as well as the technical expertise, please reply with a copy of your most up-to-date CV for immediate consideration.