IT Support & Services Team Leader
IT Support & Services Team Leader
£35k-£40k + Bonus + Benefits
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30
Purpose of Job:
To lead and provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support for internal business functions on day to day basis. L1 IT Support & Services Team Leader is expected to be the owner of the 'problem management’ process. Minimizing the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the business and preventing reoccurrence of any such incidents. The L1 IT Support & Services Team Leader is responsible for all aspects of managing, supporting and developing L1 team members to deliver an outstanding customer focused service. This includes the line management of all team members, and a continuous development of capability within the team, managing the prioritization and allocation of work across the team and ensuring applications and systems supported by the function perform, and are available to the user community, to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s. The L1 IT Support & Services Team Leader provides expertise in areas of application/software fixes, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, deployments, support, and documentation of standards and procedures for the administration and maintenance of all supported environments. The culture and ethos of the role is directed towards outstanding customer service.
Tasks of Job:
- Lead and prioritize the L1 IT Support & Services team’s work load.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to the L1 IT Support & Services team.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships within the business and external businesses such as clients, suppliers, partners and vendors etc.
- Ensure any quality management processes to the team’s activities are followed, e.g. ensuring all support methods, procedures and tools are robust, fully tested, of high quality and fit for purpose.
- Provide clear ownership and resolution of incidents/faults logged against applications/systems supported by the business to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Ensure completeness of root cause for major/critical incidents, and where possible resolve or provide workarounds, suggestions and improvements to mitigate future incidents.
- Ensure applications/software environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported updates, patches and/or service packs in line with system maintenance policies.
- Manage all requests for IT application/system access, ensuring full compliance to agreed SLA’s, security policies and procedures.
- Act as a technical resource for internal and external projects.
- Proactively monitor applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur, in accordance with monitoring/maintenance procedures.
- Participate in service operational reviews, ensuring SLA, KPI and other data/information is provided to assist with such reviews.
- Produce weekly/monthly management information reports to management in respect to service levels and support activities (e.g. dashboards, SLA’s, KPI’s, risks/issues).
- Continually review the service provided to end-users to ensure it meets agreed service levels and all requirements, e.g. liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring. Identify improvements to the service provided.
- Act as a support element to the team on particular issues and provide support and cover where there are specific service pressures.
- Assist with the formal and informal development of the support team to enhance their skillset and promote cross-skilling.
- Carry out effective and timely performance management of the L1 IT Support & Services team members in line with policy.
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to L1 IT Support & Services team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards.
- Recommend and assist with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided.
- Maintain and improve software support methods, standards, KPI’s and SLA’s across all tech supported applications and software.
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis.
- Develop and maintain professional credible relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external business), including relevant third parties and strategic suppliers.
- Assist with the development and implementation of business continuity and service recovery plans and activities.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high-quality customer focused service.
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge.
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Positive 'can-do’ attitude.
- Extensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (written/verbal).
- Good knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Good knowledge of Mac client/server operating systems.
- Good skills in Active Directory/Group Policy/WSUS/Networking including TCP/IP/subnets/DHCP/DNS/FTP.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Applications.
- Familiarity with Dell/HP PC & Server equipment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products.
- Familiarity with Symantec Antivirus software or similar.
- Familiarity with LANDesk or similar.
- Telephony experience with IP/PBX technologies.
- Experience of Administering a Google Apps Domain.
- ITIL/MCP/MCSE/CCNA/Linux Fundamentals.
- Dell/Cisco hardware Konica printers.