Technical / Operations support - Bristol
Technical / Operations support - Bristol - £20k - £28k + benefits + bonus
Looking for a role where you can use your technical skills and gain a wide range of technical skills (software development, testing, networking, Database analysis) as well as soft skills (client communication, project management, diagnosing issues)?
Looking for an IT / Computer science focused role? Looking to make a REAL difference to REAL people? Looking for a role where you will gain support and career progression? Then this is the role for you!
This role will suit people from a SQL Analyst / IT Support / 1st line – 2nd line / DBA / DevOps background.
As a Technical / Operations support professional, you will join an established (10 years +) software company and be a part of a small team of techies and developers. You’ll be working with, rolling out and supporting software for the Healthcare sector. You’ll join a company with a strong history of training trainees / intermediate people to more senior roles. This role is a mixture of programming, systems administration, SQL and customer support. You will be joining at a KEY time of growth within the company, you will be a vital interface between the company and the customer base.
To be successful for the Technical / Operations support role, you need to have the following experience/skills:
* A passion for building business relationships
* Excellent communication skills – comfortable speaking on the telephone and writing emails
* Good knowledge of SQL / SQL queries
* Knowledge of IIS (Internet Information Services)
* Determination to work on a problem until the last piece falls into place and the problem is solved
* Understanding when to put your hand up and to ask for help
* SQL Server administration
* SQL syntax
* Windows Server
* SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
* Powershell / Automation
* IIS / ASP.NET
* Debugging (web) applications
* Virtualisation (VMWare)
Any experience in C# is an advantage but NOT essential.
As a Technical / Operations support professional, your main duties will be:
* Providing rapid response to customer enquiries and technical support
* Working within an Agile environment
* Working within a TDD (Test Driven Development) environment
* Writing technical documentation
* Elements of 1st and 2nd line support — first point of escalation for all technical support issues via telephone, email and remote control for the range of modules the solution provides
* Understanding product modules / features as configured at a customer site
* Capturing key information to assess and prioritise all helpdesk tickets
* Escalating technical issues to developer teams where necessary
* Reproducing errors locally or in the client’s test environment
* Locating, viewing and analysing error logs
* Locating, viewing and analysing Windows error logs
* Setting up Microsoft SSRS
* Using SQL / SQL queries to diagnose data problems
* Resolving and closing problems and issues in line with customer SLAs, including training and configuration issues, ensure that customers are kept up to date at all times
* Deploying patch updates
* Upgrading existing client sites
* Deploying fresh installations
* Improving internal processes and tools
* Participating in 24/7 on-call support rota - approx. 8 weeks a year
Some home working is available – but not 5 days a week. You may be required to travel to customer sites to resolve issues or undertake planned maintenance. The role includes out-of-hours and on-call work, and, rarely, customer facing work on weekends.
My client is providing a Techie / Geek focused environment + benefits + Personal training + training + career path.
Salary range - £20K to £28K basic (DOE) plus additional £3K for rotational on-call / out of hours work.
You will be joining a company of Techies, with a fun culture (pizza, coffee, music, BBQs, Techie tools) where hard work & reaching your full potential is encouraged!
Don’t miss a great opportunity to join a successful software house that still have that people focus and look after their staff!
Contact Sally Hall on or click “Apply Now” button