Application Support Analyst - 12 months FTC
Application Support Analyst
East London - £40,000 - 12 months Fixed Term Contract (View to go perm)
Huntress is working in partnership with a market leader looking to add to their Application Support team due to exciting new growth within the U.K. The Application Support Engineer has responsibility for administration, maintenance and support for company wide business applications.
This role incorporates:
- Administration of applications, including configuration and setup.
- Maintenance and Support of applications, including monitoring use and quality control.
- Rollout of updates to business applications, including planning and handover for BAU support.
- Work closely with the IT Service Desk, business functions and suppliers to define, promote and consistently use standards for providing Support for applications:
- Work closely with business functions and suppliers to understand issues, agree solutions and prioritise delivery of those changes.
- Provide regular status updates on support issues, service delivery, etc.
- Support the business by working closely with IT Senior Engineers in delivering a robust hosting environment for applications, including:
- ensuring appropriate disaster recovery measures are in place, including database and server backups.
- measuring and recommending improvements to the stability and performance of the hosting environment
- Consistently use departmental standards and tools in delivering administration for business applications.
- Support the business in improving the quality of application administration by recommending improvements the provision of service.
Manage supplier engagement in the delivery of Support to the business, including:
- escalating support issues to Suppliers appropriately and tracking progress
- ensuring suppliers follow the Support Process
Key Skills - Essential
- Ability to write and execute SQL complex queries for both Microsoft SQL and MySQL databases
- Ability Manage/modify Microsoft SQL and MySQL jobs, procedures and maintenance routines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including complex formula's, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc
- Good listening, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills including the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Ability to investigate and analyse problems and propose solutions
- A practical, methodical and structured approach to work
- Minimum 2 years' experience with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014
- Minimum 2 years' experience with MySQL
- Minimum 2 years' experience writing T-SQL queries
- Minimum 1 years' experience Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Minimum 1 years' experience Administration of Crystal Reports Server
Key Skills - Desirable
- Experience of Administration/Maintenance of BizTalk applications
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA
- Experience using Manage Engine Service Desk Pro
- Experience using OneStep
- Experience using Nexum
For more info contact Josh Keeley - or
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.