Infrastructure Project Manager
My client is a large multi-brand recruitment business with multiple offices around the UK and internationally, they have consistently been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for and are a very forward thinking business to work for.
After a period of extensive growth and significanare seeking a new Infrastructure Project Manager to be based within the IT Department, to manage, plan, document and track the progress of all IT projects, from conception to completion. Support in coordinating a programme of IT Projects, and understanding the dependencies between projects, is key to the success of the IT Department
Working closely with internal IT Managers and Technical Specialists, external partners and business representatives, to deliver all IT Projects on time and on budget.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- To assist with the management, co-ordination and delivery of infrastructure/software projects by adhering to internal processes and best practice methodologies.
- To be the first point of escalation and prioritisation based on the understanding of business needs.
- Project reporting, escalation and approval.
- Liaising with Developers, Engineers, Testers, Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders.
- Preparation and management of project documentation.
- To proactively contribute to the improvement of processes.
The key skills and experience needed to fulfil this role are:
- To have previously project managed an Infrastructure project throughout the entire project lifecycle
- To have previously worked in a delivery environment for a medium company.
- Experience of running projects Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or experience of IT network and support implementation(s).
- Experience of working within matrix management environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience of using MS Project in a commercial environment
The desirable skills and experience are:
- Familiarity with Agile software development.
- Formal Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2.
- Previous experience of working within a growing organisation.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours