An opportunity for an experienced WordPress Developer to join an exciting start up on a permanent basis. The company is developing several cutting-edge education websites and is looking to hire a high-quality developer to form the bedrock of its tech function.
On a day to day basis the Developer will carry out a wide range of tasks including:
- Reporting directly to the company’s MD you will have responsibility for building and maintaining the company’s 2 websites for launch
- Implement best practice data integration from the front end and LMS through to integration providers like Segment
- Integrating third party tools
- Building and developing unique WordPress plugins
- Working with creative team members to ensure consistent, site-wide design that works across multiple platforms
- The company welcomes you exploring your own ideas and suggesting new tools
The successful Developer will have the following attributes:
- A deep understanding of WordPress theme and plugin development
- Ability to write clean, organized, and reusable code
- Strong understanding of responsive design
- Strong cross browser troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of AWS and server admin
- Ability to manage multiple delivery schedules concurrently
- Implement user friendly designs for websites, landing pages, and applications from concept through deployment, with a responsive, mobile-first philosophy; and
- Mathematical and numerical skills are a bonus.
- 3+ years of commercial web development/UI/UX experience
- Minimum degree level education
What are the perks of working at this company?
- A relaxed and flexible working environment
- A wide portfolio of tasks and significant responsibility from day 1
- £45,000pa salary plus participation in the company’s discretionary bonus pool
- After a probationary period is complete you will be enrolled in the company’s benefit programme which includes:
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work
- Contributions to relevant ongoing professional development
Applications will close on the 31st May. The company will respond to every application by 6th June if not before. If successful the company will hold a phone interview, you will be asked to take an online coding test and then attend at least two interviews.