IT Helpdesk Support / Application Support Executive
IT helpdesk support / Application Support Executive
Based in South West London – £25k - £30k depending upon experience
A rapidly expanding international software company has a superb opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic Technical Support Executive to be part of a small but dynamic Application Client Support Team. The role would be ideally suited to someone who is self-motivated, technically competent, conscientious and a responsible team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. It is essential that the selected candidate enjoys speaking to clients and is also happy to be ‘hands on’.
Requirements of the IT Helpdesk Support / Application Support Executive:
- A technical background, with a minimum of 3 years similar application support experience (first and second line)
- A good understanding of client support / call progression with the ability to track, manage, trouble-shoot and resolve software problems to resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of current & emerging technologies
- Knowledge-of IT infrastructure technologies and processes
- A good understanding of communication protocols, network devices, hubs/switches/ router diagnostics and configuration
- Hands-on experience supporting .NET & SQL based applications
- Knowledge of Desktop, Web-Based and Mobile technologies
- Incident Management experience on a Service/Help Desk
- Infrastructure and installation experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Customer service focused
- The ability to work flexible hours and go the extra mile to ensure customer support excellence
- Ability to assess problems quickly and provide excellent support to helpdesk queries from clients with the ability to manage the timely resolution of support issues in line with defined escalation procedures and service level agreements
- The aptitude to interpret and understand client issues both from a technical and user/operational perspective
- The capability to debug and deploy stored procedures and other objects inside SQL Server
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an international team who will proactively support and share good practice with you.
If you have the relevant experience and are seeking a challenging, but rewarding role please apply with your CV and a covering letter. On your covering letter please briefly indicate your salary requirements and why you feel that you are suited to this role.
Only candidates with a valid UK residency / work permit will be considered at this time
No recruitment agencies – thank you.