IT Manager - Finance/Banking
Are you looking for an IT Manager job in Hertfordshire? My client are a start-up business based in Stevenage and they are looking for an IT Manager - Finance/Banking.
Experience of banking would be extremely beneficial, but a background of working in any of the following areas will be considered; Investment management, a stockbroker firm, hedge fund management etc. Any experience of the financial sector and knowledge of FCA/PRA guidelines will be advantageous to the client.
They currently have approximately 15 staff and a plan for this to increase by 150% by the end of 2017. They will also be opening another office in the North of the UK and you will be required to look after all aspects of their IT infrastructure for both sites.
Key responsibilities of the IT Manager - Finance/Banking job:
- You will look after all operational aspects of the company’s internal and external IT systems
- Contribute to the development of the company’s IT strategy and governance polices in conjunction with the Director of IT
- Maintain on an ongoing basis the governance of the company’s IT and Infrastructure which will be approved and tracked by the Board on a quarterly basis;
- Managing, mentoring and developing a small, in-house IT support function
- Supporting technical activities relating to third party technology integrations (including VPNs, RDT, networks, etc.)
Key skills / experience required for the IT Manager - Finance/Banking job:
- Experience of IT Management, administration and support for:
- Internal networks and internet connectivity including switching, routing, wifi and firewall infrastructure
- End-user laptops/desktops, printers and mobile devices together with software applications and office productivity/collaboration tools based on Microsoft365 and complementary software
- Operation, testing and administration of Business Continuity systems and processes
- Software licensing, testing and release management processes
- Authentication, Authorisation and Access rights to applications/systems for joiners, movers and leavers.
- Relationship management with IT service providers including Telecoms, Networking, SaaS application providers and desktop management
- Managing IT asset registers
You will be responsible for ensuring they operate in accordance with the IT regulatory requirements and guidelines of the financial authorities and comply with general outsourcing financial body requirements.
Due to the regulated nature of the work, you will be ensuring the appropriate controls are in place to protect against breaches of IT and ensure procedures are escalated appropriately.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Manager - Finance/Banking to join a growing business and be heavily involved in the early stages of development of the company, with the chance to take real ownership of the IT infrastructure.