IT Security Operations Engineer
Our client, a fast paced Financial Services Organisation, are looking for an IT Security Operations Engineer to Implement, Manage and Configure a wide range of Security tools including firewalls, Anti-Virus, SIEM and multiple others.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Security Operations Engineer
- The main purpose of this role is to support the IT Security Operations team to achieve the highest standards in providing IT Security Assurance within the organisation.
- This is a hands on position, candidates must have strong experience of working in an operational, hands on capacity. The successful IT Security engineer will have experience working within an IT Security’ operational role, with a strong understanding of a number of security domains such as Incident Response, Intrusion methods, Attack Monitoring, Networks, Threat and Vulnerability Management. However candidates must also have the communication and interpersonal skills required to persuade and influence business functions and technical teams.
- The IT Security Operations engineer will have a remit to help build out and define IT Security for the organisation
- To function as a technical security subject matter expert and ensure that the confidentiality, Integrity and availability of information systems are maintained to protect customer, corporate and 3rd party data.
- IT Security operates a continuous improvement programme and as such expects colleagues to contribute and assist in the development of this important function.
- Participation in call-out rota as required.
- The IT Security Operations engineer needs to have good knowledge of IT Security standards such as ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and NIST standards.
- This job description will be subject to periodic review and amendment in accordance with the needs of the client
Desired Skills & Experience of the IT Security Operations Engineer
At least 5 years experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies
- Working knowledge of CheckPoint/Cisco Firewall
- Strong knowledge of NIDS/DLP/Anti-Virus/Identity Awareness/URL Filtering
- Strong hands on SIEM Tool configuration & management experience ideally LogRhythm, TripWire
- Confident running tools like Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark. Also confident capturing, reading and analysing pcaps.
- Experience of configuration & management of FEP, Websense, EndPoint, MimeCast
- Enterprise Desktop and Server Anti Virus
- Microsoft Windows Server family of products.
- VMWare VSphere and associated technologies.
- Operational experience of PCI DSS
- Citrix XenApp.
- LAN & WAN networking using Cisco routers, switches and infrastructure products.
- HP / Cisco UCS Server Hardware and support tools
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications essential.
- System Center and Configuration Manager
- Active Directory, GPO Configuration
- Endpoint protection technologies
- Exposure to Linux with basic administration skills
- Strong hands on firewall experience on CheckPoint/Cisco Firewall
- Experience of configuring and managing of Cyber-Ark and Varonis
- Experience of configuration & management of AlertLogic IDS and SolarWinds
- Ability to write scripts in Linux and/or windows environments (e.g. powershell) at an intermediate - advanced level
To find out more information for this role, please contact Julie Liu at Via Resource.