Cameron Pink is excited to represent an independently owned global merchandising company in their search for a Group Financial Controller.
This fast paced and challenging role will primarily involve being accountable for the day to day accounting operations of the company. Reporting into the CFO it will include cash management, the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls, budgets, forecasts and ensuring results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
General Duties to include
- Lead and direct the team, giving daily guidance and supervision
- Oversee Debt Collection and manage timely collections
- Oversee creditor payments
- Verify that all payments on the payment run are correct and accurate
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed weekly.
- Weekly cash forecast
- Managing sage, the nominal structure/chart of accounts, individual ledgers and data
- Key supplier statements
- Ensuring all royalty reporting is issued to clients on time and payments made promptly
- Contact person for HMRC, to manage issues appropriately to protect the business
- Monthly business survey
- Go to person for all operational staff for financial guidance of the business
- Business compliance for VAT and Tax purposes
- Ensure an orderly filing system in finance
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Project tasks on an ad-hoc basis - e.g. pension staging
- Full Balance Sheet reconciliations and understanding of the individual balances
- Reconcile the control accounts to the detailed ledger reports
- Intercompany reconciliation and agreement
- Accurate Payroll submission, payment and approval
- EC VAT returns
- Quarterly requirements
- Accurate production of the management accounts to represent the trading of the business
- Re-forecast the future months in the calendar year
- Variance analysis
- Supplementary management accounts pack (as set out in the timetable)
- UK VAT return
- Accurate payroll submission, payment and approval
- Festival reconciliations of the cash received and prompt payment to artists
- Annual Budget process
- Annual Audit of the accounts
- Company annual returns
To be considered you will be a seasoned Financial Controller with a solid knowledge of STOCK accounting and exposure to ROYALTIES. You will be personable with the ability to lead and motivate a long standing team of three staff.
35 hours a week, 10-6 Monday to Thursday, 10-5 Friday.