Security Analyst Incident Handler
Cyber Security Analyst (Incident Handler)
As part of this network expansion we are looking for a Jr. Security Analyst (Incident Handler) to complement the current team who will focus on security related tasks. The incumbent shall work as part of the security operations team to ensure that security requirements are being implemented and operated as per the overall Security program.
- A member of the Security Operations team focus on Network, Platform, and Application security issues.
- Ensure the systems are compliant with ISO27001/2, and NIST 800-53 security control frameworks.
- Provide Support for the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) System.
- Maintain a Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment (VA) Scanning Capability. Follow a documented process for routine scanning of the infrastructure and network elements. Maintain the VA host machine(s) with updated configuration benchmarks, OS and application patches.
- Maintain an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and System Patching Process.
- Deliver investigation and remediation activities as a member of the Security Incident Response Team. Participate in Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) events: Conduct research and assessments of security events; provide analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events; present findings as input to SIRT. Make recommendations on security threat mitigation strategies.
- Assist in Writing and Update Security Procedures. Provide research of best business practices, and review security bodies (Information Security Forum, NIST, SANS, etc.) policy and procedure templates; incorporate into the body of policy, procedures, and guidelines.
- The post may require some travel to company's remote offices, work during maintenance windows and being on-call as part of a team to provide out of office support.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Cyber security professional with 3- 5 years of direct information security operations experience.
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communication.
- Intermediate knowledge of Information Security fundamentals, technologies, and design principals.
- Knowledge of Security Compliance Framework(s) such as ISO 27001 and NIST 800 Series.
- Proven experience in securing Windows, Linux, Oracle and VM platforms.
- Proven experience of QRadar or similar Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools for analysing network and security incidents.
- Proven experience in Tenable Network Security Nessus, BeyondTrust Retina or similar Vulnerability Assessment (VA) scanner operations for identifying network and platform risks and mis-configurations.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.