Software Developer F#/C#
Our client is a highly innovative scientific research and development company based in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne. With the opportunity to make a real positive difference to advancements in the science behind the healthcare industry, this is a great opportunity for an experienced C# programmer to join the team.
The company uses agile practices from SCRUM, building applications and web front-ends using the .NET stack, primarily in F# but also C# and R using WPF, MVVM, Rx, ReactiveUI, the TPL, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, NSubstitute/Moq/Foq and small amounts of Winforms. Tools used include the latest Visual Studio plus Mercurial, NUnit/FsUnit, TeamCity and YouTrack.
You will be:
- A highly skilled Windows desktop C# programmer, ideally with Agile and WPF/Silverlight experience
- Experienced in UI design and unit testing
- Familiar with working in an Agile development environment
- Enthusiastic about gaining new knowledge, both in the programming arena and in the science behind the scenes
- Able to work well with all parties involved to strive for the continuous improvement in the software design, implementation and UI
- Passionate about tracking down bugs, creating great code and developing the best products possible
- A strong BSc degree in Computer Science or similar, coupled with thorough and extensive relevant commercial experience for this key role
Salary dependent upon experience, up to approx. 45k
To get involved in this fantastic opportunity, please apply with your CV stating your salary expectations.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.