Regional Desktop Support Analyst
Regional Desktop Support Analyst - Permanent
North West, UK (Manchester plus other site visits)
Are you looking for a permanent position with a high profile company?!
We are seeking an energetic and vibrant Regional Desktop Support Analyst who can provide desktop support to customers. The ideal Regional Desktop Support Analyst will have experience within a Windows/ Mac based environment as well as through Microsoft platforms within a service environment. You will maintain system availability by proactively monitoring applications, software fixes and upgrades where appropriate.
Role and Responsibilities
- To respond to requests for assistance from internal customers or those referred by other IT service team members, ensuring that they are logged and dealt in a professional, and timely manner.
- To perform all required tasks and activities to transition allocated projects from project teams to the Desktop Support team.
- Able to provide desk to desk support within a busy environment
- Able to travel to multiple locations in the North West.
- Ideally must have certifications in MCP, MCSE
- Good communication skills required, dynamic and engaging person!
Technical Skillset for the Regional Desktop Support Analyst:
- Minimum ITIL v3 Foundation Level qualified
- Windows 2003 Active Directory Administration (users, computers and groups)
- Exchange v2010
- Detailed technical knowledge of Windows Operating systems (WinXP to Win8) and MS Office products (Office XP to 2010, Office365, Lync) and collaboration services such as Chatter and video conferencing.
- Microsoft Systems, Gmail, Goggledocs
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS X with Entourage, integrating Apple Mac’s into an AD domain and Parallels for Mac
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP, network attached storage, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy smartphone, iPad and PDA’s, wi-fi, Voice, IP, VPN clients and Proxy servers.
- Technical understanding of thin client solutions - Citrix, Remote Desktop.
- Be familiar with the support of desktop hardware; laptops, desktops.