Manchester City Centre
£35,000pa to £45,000pa
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a skilled Systems Administrator with a can-do attitude to join the team to help support the Company’s office and datacentre infrastructure, and contribute to ongoing improvements in system development.
You will work with the Company’s Infrastructure Manager to run business-as-usual operations and design and implement new infrastructure solutions for the Company’s software development and production environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the Company’s move to DevOps and delivery of a Software Defined Datacentre for its enterprise-level services.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in IT and Computing, with practical hardware and software experience in:
- Linux Server Administration (especially Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS)
- Mac OSX Desktop and Server
- Databases - MySQL, MariaDB, NoSQL clusters
- Storage - ZFS, NFS, replication and backups
- Networking, including Firewalls, switches, cabling, Ethernet, fibre and wireless communications
- Internet - DNS, Mail, Apache platforms, secure sockets and certificates
- Virtualisation - AWS and similar
- Command-line scripting and automated deployment
- Security hardening of systems
- Anti-malware, anti-spam, anti-phising and intrusion detection
- Logging, monitoring and alerting systems
The role will require a high level of responsibility, an on-call schedule and will require some out-of-hours work.
Good working knowledge of ISO 27001 and CyberEssentials, DevOps principles, Containers, Agile software development methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deployment is a distinct advantage.
Familiarity with OpenStack, Blue-Green deployment and automated configuration management is desirable.
No technical testing, but the interview will be very much based on the candidate's technical knowledge and skills
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Company mobile phone
The earliest the interviews can take place is next week.
Linux, Mac OSX, MySQL, Shell scripting, storage systems, networking, VOIP, security, ISO 27001, Internet services, virtual computing, AWS, OpenStack, containers, DevOps, hardware and software administration