Are you a student who is currently on a higher education degree course looking for a year in industry studying a relevant IT based qualification?
This is exciting one year contract will give you the opportunity to join an award-winning healthcare company. We provide a great culture where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive and creative environment gaining hands-on technical experience undertaking development tasks for agile projects to enhance AXA’s .Net applications.
What you will be doing
This 12 month fixed term contract will include involvement from systems analysis and design through to build, testing and implementation. Responsibilities will include making sure all deliverables adhere to defined processes and quality standards.
While coding websites and building applications for internal / external customers, you will grow your technical capabilities working with the latest technology - putting theory into practice in a cutting-edge, professional, environment.
What we can offer you
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
• Bonus scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
• Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
• 23 days holiday plus bank holidays plus bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan scheme
• Discount on AXA products, including house and car insurance, breakdown cover and healthcare
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, proactive person who can communicate effectively at all levels. An active learner, you will be great at problem solving with first-class analytical skills.
With a passion for web-based development and an ambition to succeed in an innovative, global organisation, during your studies you will have gained confidence in:
• C# (or alternative OO language)
• ASP .Net (MVC)
• Relational database experience
• SQL server
• Web Services (WCF) / Soap
• ORM experience (eg Linq, Entity Framework)