Regional Manager - Retail stores ( 5-15 units) - London area c£50K+car
Regional manager - Retail stores . Client are highly efficient multi-channel retailer and one of the UK’s fastest growing companies. They are part of a FTSE100 group and seek 2 Regional Manager to cover an area in NE London to cover up to approx 15 branches) and similar in Kent - Salary is competitive plus company car.
They are looking at running two group assessment days now for Wed 17th May (Kent role) in their Bridgwater head office and Fri 19th May (NE London role) in Daventry , Northants - they’re saying salary is in a range of £40k to £55k + car + bens. If you can confirm whether it might be possible to attend either of these depending on the role you are interested in geographically ?
The clients ideally looking for a focus on process and customer service, so from a big Supermarket , Homeware , Hardware or other large Retail name / stand alone retail business . At this level you will be managing the shops but wont really interact with the customers, so the focus is people management, stock management and ensuring processes and standards are complied with . ideally you will be currently in such a role as an area / regional manager managing 5 - 15 units.
Job Purpose: To support the Divisional Director in delivering a world class customer experience
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Accountability for Annual sales targets :
• Labour Costs in line with expectations.
• Control of all operating costs.
• Delivery of Net Contribution in line with expectations.
2. To support the implementation of the clients proposition as a framework for store operations:
• Regular structured branch visits ( approx 15 branches across London ) to review performance and set objectives.
• To direct, coach and engage direct reports to deliver the Retail proposition.
• To agree individual store plans.
3. Actively Performance Manage all Direct Reports for maximum effectiveness:
• Perform and carry out appraisals in line with relevant processes.
• Ensure all direct reports are aware of their development needs.
• Ensure all direct reports have a business plan for their areas of responsibility and have a sustainable and workable succession plan.
• Carry out regular store visits and reviews linked to the status of the store.
4. To support the Divisional Director in the development of the Division:
• Attend regular sales planning meetings to review areas of focus.
• Take on any projects or development initiatives as and when required.
Key Capabilities of the Role
Getting Results through People
• Is able to identify talent and has a robust development plan in place.
• Manages succession in a structured forward thinking way.
• Creates a culture of ownership and accountability with direct reports.
• Performance manages direct team in line with legal and company processes.
• Builds a team with a strong blend of experience and capability.
Leading Change and Growth
• Highly motivated and impactful.
• Shares best practise within the senior leadership team.
• Is effective when intervening to manage key issues.
• Supports change as a positive enabler to the business.
Key Capabilities of the Role
• Has a flexible communication style.
• Makes decisions readily and in time.
• Can benchmark results and performance using available management information.
• Challenges when applicable.
• Understands technical issues and deals with accordingly.
• Always makes decisions based on what is right for the customer.
• Creates a positive service culture within the store teams.
• Leads a service focus with own behaviours.
• Has a passion for the Brand.
This is a senior leadership role within the business and the individual must make a significant contribution to the success of the company.
The individual therefore should be highly self motivated and driven which will also necessitate the following:
• The role will require extensive travel both within the individual’s area of responsibility and potentially other parts of the country.
• The role will also require a high degree of flexibility in terms of the working week.
• The individual should be capable of preparing reports for information and communicating the performance of the Region and individual stores in either written or verbal formats.
• The individual must have the capability to meet any deadlines as agreed with the Divisional Director.
This is a Senior leadership role in a young and growing business and demands the highest degree of personally integrity:
• Should have a thorough understanding of the companies business model and the Retail proposition.
• Set high standards of professional behaviour at all times.
• Carry a good level of credibility when dealing with colleagues within the business