Basic salary: £90,000 + 17.5% Bonus
The SeniorChange Manager ensures that all changes are managed in a controlled manner, including standard changes and emergency maintenance relating to business processes, applications, and infrastructure. This includes change standards and procedures, impact assessment, prioritization and authorization, emergency changes, tracking, reporting, closure, and documentation.
To be responsible for applying governance to all change activities in the clients' environment recognising touch points in the clients' operating environment.
- Establishes the process for change management, and ensures that each change follows the complete procedure to ensure minimum disruption to IT services.
- Evaluates all requests for change (RFCs) to determine the impact on business processes and IT services, and to assess whether change will adversely affect the operational environment and introduce unacceptable risk.
- Chairs the Change Advisory Board (CAB), and ensures the CAB has the information needed to evaluate changes
- Authorizes acceptable changes, either alone or after a CAB has taken place.
- Ensures that changes are logged, prioritized, categorized, assessed, authorized, planned, and scheduled, and are introduced in a controlled and coordinated manner.
- Liaises with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing, and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
- Carefully manages emergency changes to minimize further incidents and make sure the change is controlled and takes place securely. Verifies that emergency changes are appropriately assessed and authorized after the change.
- Maintains a tracking and reporting system to document rejected changes, communicates the status of approved and in-process changes, and completes changes.
- Makes certain that approved changes are implemented as planned, and ensures that they have met their objectives. Refers back any changes that have been backed out of and have failed.
- Whenever changes are implemented, updates the solution and user documentation and the procedures affected by the change accordingly.
- Produces regular management reports.
- Works with Configuration Management to ensure that CI changes are entered in the CMDB.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Has the broad technical acumen to manage changes across the IT spectrum.
- To manage customer changes within the agreed SLAs.
- Generate various reports as per business requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
- ITIL 3 experience/ practitioner certification in Change Management preferable.
- Use of change management tools.
- Knowledge of deployment and implementation methodologies (Agile etc.) or related technical change management experience.
- Experience in project management and knowledge of approaches, tools, and phases of project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of configuration management principles.
- Familiar with controls and audit compliance.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.