IT Field Engineer / IT Support / 2nd Line
£25,000 to £30,000 + Pool Car
25 days Holiday, Private Healthcare, Free Lunch on Fridays, Free Parking
1st / 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk, Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft, Office, 365, Field, Engineer, Support, AD, VMWare, Hyper-V, Virtualisation, Mac, SLA, Service
We need someone who prides themselves upon delivering exceptional customer service, has excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise workloads. Equally as important is that this is someone who thrives when working within a busy environment, is punctual and is looking to further their career in the IT sector.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the successful IT Field Engineer will be responsible for both inbound and outbound technical support activities; supporting services and solutions supplied to customers. These are a combination of managed, hosted and business IT services, along with professional hardware and software solutions. The role will spend the majority of its time onsite at customer locations throughout Berkshire, but with at least monthly travel to sites in London, Essex and potentially North West England as well.
A dynamic company priding themselves on the delivery and maintenance of an exceptionally high standard of IT support, services and hosted solutions, and are now looking for an equally dynamic individual to join their growing support team.
- Ensure that the service desk meets its SLA requirements and exceeds targets
- Provide technical support on new and existing support cases both onsite and via telephone, remote control software and email when based in the office
- Logging new support calls in the system when received either on the phone, via email or in person
- Share and distribute IT knowledge and expertise with fellow team members
- Provide onsite and remote migration / solution installation / configuration assistance as required
- Promote the companies ethos of plain English IT solutions, with maximum emphasis on customer service excellence at all times
- Stay up-to-date with new technology products and services and recommending them to customers when they can be used as a solution to a current problem
- Act quickly upon alerts from automated systems that monitor both customer, and company hosted IT infrastructure
- Update the support system accurately with support information and timesheet details
- Suggest new services and solutions to customers that the company supplies where there is a definite need / requirement for such services
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Exchange Online (365)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OSx
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2008, 2011
- Mobile Devices iOS, Android
- Firewall configuration and management
- Virtualisation Administration VMware vSphere, Hyper-V
- Backup Software, e.g. Symantec, Acronis, Backup Assist, AppAssure
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.