Business Support IT Technician
Do you want to work for a growing company who welcomes people who are looking to develop their IT skills?
Are you wanting to have the opportunity of gaining more qualifications and sit exams to enhance your IT knowledge?
Deliver quality technical support and implementation services to the Company’s customers. Assist in the development of the Company’s Small Business IT Support Service. This role is focused on the implementation and support of technology, in particular, but not limited to, Microsoft solutions.
The salary on offer for this role is competitive and can be discussed with Sophie Webster if interested in the role. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work for a honest growing company who welcomes go getters and lateral thinker.
You will be predominately office based however due to business needs you may be required to attend the Company's office which will require your own transport so a clean full driving licence is a must. Full training is provided along with your expenses. The role is Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, however flexibility is needed from time to time.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record and Monitor incidents/problems reported by customers
- Provide Technical Support and other IT- related services, such as product installation & configuration
- Develop & maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with hardware & software suppliers and external support providers
- Maintain personal motivation to acquire knowledge and keep abreast of rapid technology developments
- Practise efficient time management of self & others to ensure efficiency of operations in workshop and small business technical support areas
- Assist in contributing to the Company’s strategic business planning processes
- Day-to-day supervision of junior staff
- Handling/processing customer payments (cash/cheque)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to a high standard and have an IT related qualifications such as a BTEC, HND, Foundation Degree
- Recent Microsoft Technical Qualifications or other industry recognised Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of networking principles, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience in a Technical Support role
- Self motivated, logical thinker and a natural problem solver
- Great communicational skills, both verbal and written
- Professional and methodical
- A genuine interest in helping and supporting customers
- Have a full clean driving licence with access to a car