IT Service Desk Engineer
Independent Clinical Services is one of the UK's leading healthcare staffing providers.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced IT Service Desk Engineer to join our growing IT team based within our Central Manchester offices.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide the customer interface to the IT Service Desk via face-to-face, telephone and electronic communications.
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Ensure the company IT audit system is kept updated when hardware and software changes are made.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Support the company front and back office applications.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Any other reasonably IT related duties required.
- Travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support.
- May be expected to work hours 8am to 4.30pm when required to cover oncall periods. Note that these oncall start and end times may change.
Candidates must have previous experience within a Service Desk or Helpdesk position, either 1st or 2nd line support, with excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong technical computer background. Ability to take responsibility for faults, work requests and proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
Key skills include Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft office applications, computer hardware, printers, Avaya phone systems, good working knowledge of network topologies.
As part of the job role you will be expected to travel to our branch offices when required.
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training and orientation packages with ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave and pension scheme.