Hours of work:
9:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
Some occasional Saturdays maybe required at notice.
Type of position:
Basic salary of £20,000 - £23,000 p.a. plus commission on sales.
Summary OF POSITION:
Attend to customer purchase requirements from showroom meetings, including referrals and all other retailers. Taking telephone and email enquiries for the purchase of all goods and services provided. Proactivly seek out further sales opportunities using company marketing tools and strategies.
- Maintain the showroom display in good order at all times by direction of the Buisness Manager.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions as requested by the Buisness Manager & Directors.
- Prepare estimates for sales and installations of all products and follow through to close of sale.
- Cultivate contacts as specifiers such as architects, designers and developers for sales purpuses.
- Support the business manager when he is not in the showroom and send information to him or clients at his request.
- Follow up leads generated by marketing campaigns to specifiers, retailers, architects and designers.
- Maintain the security & safety of the showroom at all times in accordance with directions from the Business Manager.
- Attend the needs of the company’s retailers when their clients are sent to the showroom by them.
- Proactively research industry databases to help seek out new business prospects/opportunities.
- Responsibly sell goods and services to customers after taking enquiries and following them through to close of sale.
- Process payment for goods & services sold prior to delivery except where expressly authorised by a director.
- Ability to understand and identify buisness opportunities and build long term relationships with customers.
Qualifications & Training:
- High standard of English Language spoken & written.
- Computer literacy, understanding computer programming.
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs.
- Internet Competence, Web and social media skills.
- Other spoken European languages.
- Ability to read architectural plans, Graphic and writing skills.
- Manual driving license valid in UK.
- Understanding of QuickBooks.
Qualities & Attitude:
- Tenacity, positivity, honesty, smart appearance, friendly, confidant, good social skills, interpersonal sales skills, punctuality.
- Ability to read architectural drawing (CAD).
- Ability to advise the right product according to the drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and plans
- Basic understand how heating systems work.
- Excellent London geography knowledge.
- Ecosmart, Bromic and Igneous products and all accessories.
- Knowledge of bioethanol fuel.
- Knowledge of fire place and heating industry.
COMPETENCIES: (see Interview Guidance Notes)
- Effective Communication & Impact
- Internal & External Customer Focus
- Commercial & Business Awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving, Judgment & Decision Making
- Performance Management & Development
- Leadership & Motivation
- Working with Others / Teamwork
- Proactive Approach
- Planning, Organising & Project Management