Junior/Graduate Horse Racing Trader
Junior/Graduate Horse Racing Trader London £22-25k
My client is currently recruiting a Junior/Graduate horse racing trader, for their new trading operation based in central London. The role would be ideally suited to someone with a strong maths and stats background (degree pref) and an interest in horse racing who is looking to kick-start their career within this start-up environment.
- Compilation of pre-event odds for Horse Racing.
- Manage Horse Racing prices through their event cycle.
- Understand the strategic betting proposition and manage pre-game and in-play betting decisions accordingly.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems.
Skills and experience:
- Graduate or Junior level candidate with strong mathematical/statistical background
- Preferred mathematical or statistical qualification (degree level)
- Must have a real passion for Horse Racing.
- Must have good understanding of bookmaking theory.
- Must be willingly to work outside normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- 1 year roughly of previous trading experience would be a huge advantage.
- No real industry experience required - strong educational background ideal candidate
- Mathematical, statistical and analytical skills
- Sports Betting knowledge
- Coming with 6-12 months Horse trading background (huge plus)
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of MS office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Team player / excellent interpersonal abilities
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.