Store Operations Manager
Store Operations Manager - Plymouth - £22,000
A leading trade and DIY company is looking for a Store Operations Manager to join their team in Plymouth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a household name at the heart of their operations in Plymouth.
Purpose of the role:
* Manage the Store and Distribution Hub
* Drive and increase Sales within the Store.
* Maintain a high standard of presentation, housekeeping and customer service within the Store through efficient control of staff, products and resources to achieve Company sales and profit targets and protect the Companies assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability
* Proactive management of Clients on a daily basis to maximise sales
* Working with your Manager to control resources in line with budgeted costs
* Responsible for managing client accounts to minimise the risk of potential bad debt
* Ensure the store maintains and operates the computer system correctly
* Ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained in line with legislation
* Provide training to all new and existing staff where necessary
* Coach and support staff where necessary
* Carry out recruitment and selection procedures in liaison with your Manager and HR
* Maintain a high level of security and full compliance with Company policies regarding stock, monies and premises and bank any monies on a daily basis to minimise the potential of theft, stock loss and damage to Company property
* Plan & undertake stock take duties as directed by your Manager
* Ensure all operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
Key skills and Experience required:
* Previous experience of retail and logistics management
* Good knowledge and understanding of the company and competitors products
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, customers, external Reps and colleagues
* Excellent leadership, coaching and motivational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
* Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety, Administration and Security procedures
How To Apply
If you believe that you have the required skills and experience for the role, then please apply via the link on this page.
If you have any questions about this opportunity then please contact Marcus at the Search Brighton office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.