Development Director - Home Based
A telecommunications and contact centre solutions provider
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- The Development Director will be responsible for managing the product strategy for the software development function of the business.
- Ensure smooth running of the product development and software development teams.
- Create and implement a new strategy to aid the company’s upcoming business transformation.
- Work closely with various other senior management members in order to effectively integrate the software development product strategy.
- Play a key role in the development of the company’s software product portfolio, get involved with designing product roadmaps and creating new development methods.
- Strive for continuous improvement across the software and product development functions.
- Management responsibilities including recruitment, training and appraisals etc.
- Financial responsibilities, such as forecasting and budget management.
- Effectively manage 3rd party and partner relationships.
- Oversee product and software quotations and proposals.
- Ensure quality of coding and software development.
- Partake in presales activities and support other departments with ad hoc requests as and when needed.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends and competitor news.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering multi-channel strategies.
- A strong software development background.
- Strong experience of developing contact centre applications.
- Financial management experience.
- Strong knowledge of software and product development processes and best practice.
- Skilled using Cloud based software tools.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- The ability to motivate and drive teams.
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written.
- First-rate organisational skills, along with administrative and time management skills.
- Home based