Brentford Lock, West London
Our client are one for the UK’s leading online couriers and they’re committed to becoming the world’s leading online parcel comparison site, through technology leadership, technical innovation and service driven excellence.
Our client operate from 4 UK locations, with over 40 technical staff. This exciting role is based at their lovely open plan head office right by the canal in Brentford Lock, West London. They take great pride in employing only highly skilled expert staff, who share their passion for innovation and creating amazing technology.
Our client are recruiting for an amazing Business Analyst to work on an exciting new major greenfield project, a cloud based logistics solution for major retailers that aims to disrupt through technological innovation, the logistics and parcel management domains.
As our client's Business Analyst, you will work on a project which has recently won funding from Innovate UK - the UK Technology Board, due to its innovative nature. This is a unique opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project built on a new state of the art platform and be involved in creating a new software solution from the ground up. You will be expected to:
- Capture requirements and translate these into relevant concepts and specifications.
- Work directly with the UX team to produce wireframes to illustrate desired graphic user interfaces (GUI).
- Analyse and understand existing behaviour of our system.
- Analyse and understand behaviour requested by users and the product owner. You need to be able to explain the business functionality in simple terms.
- Work with domain experts to define and refine the pre-existing functionality and the behaviour of any new requested functionality.
- Create feature requests that go to the development team for implementation.
- Work with domain experts, product owner, the development team and testers to help author acceptance criteria.
To be considered for our client's Business Analyst role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience working as a business analyst
- Be able to capture requirements and document them in an easy to understand format
- Understanding of Agile and your role in an agile team
- Understanding of software development
- Experience working in an agile team
- Knowledge of BA methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with the business and client to understand requirements
Business Analyst Benefits:
- Our client values people - we have an equal opportunity environment
- You get to participate in the creation of a brand-new cloud platform from the ground up.
- Our client provide a yearly training budget for all members
If you feel you have the skills for our client's Business Analyst role, please apply now!