Salary: £36,540 with an Excellent Benefits Package including Employee Bonus and Pension
Our World Today…
The population on earth is set to grow to over 9 billion by 2050. Our world is still developing, putting pressure on natural, economic and human resources.
To take better care of the planet and the people who live on it - this is our way forward. This is how we intend to make our mark and contribute to the greater good.
Today, water, waste and energy can all be recovered. Transforming what is discarded by some into valuable resources for others. Our strategy is to create green products and energy from waste through innovative technology, preserving resources for generations to come. This is Resourcing the World.
Make your mark…
We are currently looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our team to help support Veolia grow and improve by supporting the operational and financial functions of the UK Hazardous business.
The Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Review data processes and business systems to recommend improvements for optimising and regularising processes and resources.
- Provide in-depth analysis as required by the business to highlight and investigate areas for improvement
- Lead other regional/divisional/external analyst resource to support the local business operations.
- Facilitate and support the design, development and rollout of works management and business intelligence tools across the hazardous business activities
- To ensure detailed, accurate and timely analysis and documentation of the Hazardous operations processes and performance with a view to identifying, recommending and agreeing common operational and system performance practices as well as highlight areas for improvement, identify root cause, and promote best practice; thereby drive cost efficiencies throughout business activities within the Hazardous business.
- Work with local and external analyst resources as necessary to ensure accuracy and quality of discovery, recommendation and design where applicable.
- Understand flow of information through the business to optimise resource requirement to process data, provide report
- Manage external analysts and contractors as appropriate.
- Promote, across the team, a professional, 'customers first’, approach that generates credibility, respect and confidence, amongst colleagues and clients.
- Promote an inquisitive and proactive approach and an attention to detail.
- Responsible for mapping of Hazardous business processes for works management and reporting including the design, implementation, management and continuous development.
- Analyse business (operational and financial) performance within the Hazardous business, highlight performance issues/areas for improvement, and investigate root cause of problems.
- Self manage and adhere to multiple project plans and deadlines.
- Review, develop and implement other system implementations/improvements within, and in conjunction with, the Hazardous business stakeholders.
- Take a consultative approach to projects
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Relevant degree e.g. Business, Systems or Finance
- Understanding of database software e.g. SQL or Microsoft Access
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
- Strong problem solver
- Understanding of Finance (P&Ls, trading summary, etc)
- Strong Attention to detail
- Proven experience in designing and managing reporting solutions
- Experience in analysing complex data.
- A good understanding of the UK Hazardous Waste Management business, or an excellent
- Understanding of UK Waste Management business.
- Prince 2 (Project Management Qualification)
- Experience in the Waste Management industry.
- Experience leading other analyst resources and working with/leading contractors
- Ability to map existing business processes for redesign
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
- Influencing skills
- Time Management
- Relationship Building
- Organisational skills
- Ability to relate complex problems/solutions to non-technical people
- Inquisitive/pro-active attitude
- If you feel like you have the above skills and knowledge and want to be part of our vision for the future apply now!
Veolia recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.