QA Software Test Analyst, recent Graduates considered!
QA Software Test Analyst, £18-25K plus bens
My client is an established, innovative software development and consultancy business primarily focusing on mobile and embedded applications for the consumer market. Their recent growth in demand for their work means they require new recruits to join their QA test team. The majority of their work has been in the consumer device sector, but they are currently diversifying their client base and have a need to recruit testers with the right aptitude and ability to support their new projects. The role You will be responsible for QA testing software projects as part of the overall test team, reporting to the lead test manager. You will need to have a disciplined approach and demonstrate excellent organisational skills in planning, documenting, and keeping to agreed schedules.
The role covers the design of test cases with the support of and consultation with the QA test and software development teams as well as execution of manual functional through to automated tests, reporting defects and preparing reports. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, technology led team directly involved in the development of exciting commercial software products for existing clients, new clients and their own internal projects.
Education Ideally a 2:2 classification degree or better in Computer Science or related computing degree subject. They will also consider candidates with a lesser qualification, some relevant experience, aptitude and enthusiasm. Relevant QA/test analyst qualifications are also advantageous (e.g. ISEB/ISTQB) Skills and responsibilities
• A natural curiosity and a keen desire to learn.
• A good understanding of the software development process and development methodologies. (such as Agile)
• Good written skills (for documenting, bug recording and final report preparation)
• The ability to work well in a team and as an individual
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Providing or supporting client issue resolution.
• Adhering to a project’s schedule and raising any concerns in meeting deadlines promptly.
• The ability to handle and configure client consumer devices, development boards and reference designs used for testing.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, technology led team, directly involved in the development of exciting commercial software products for existing clients, new clients and their own internal projects. There may also be the opportunity, longer term, to move into software development for the right individual, in terms of career progression within the business.