Senior IT Engineer
On behalf of our client, based in Coventry, Aatom Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Engineer on a permanent basis.
Job Purpose - Reporting to the Technical Authority and working with other members of the Infrastructure and Service Delivery teams to support the business and to provide additional capability across the manufacturing and shop floor technologies in use.
The role is being created as a result of the rapid expansion of the number of projects being run at the client site requiring input from IT specialists. Examples include T-ERA and PRISM.
Duties and Responsibilities - Delivery of both internal IT Projects and Theme based Industry 4.0 projects including:
- Management of the IT project delivery into the Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Requirements capture from the Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Providing IT product support and knowledge to non-IT engineering projects.
- Working with other members of the ICT department to ensure that the project technical requirements are in place.
- Ensuring appropriate project paperwork is in place in a timely manner.
- Liaison with 3rd party contractors.
- Installation of hardware and software and network configuration.
Ongoing monitoring on critical network infrastructure. Involvement in the development, testing and deployment of new technologies and products. Working with other members of the ICT department to ensure that staff expectations are met.
Person Specification - The candidate will capable of working in a challenging environment and will be capable of managing own workload. The environment is fast changing and MTC are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior IT Engineer capable of working within an environment with constantly changing demands. A willingness to get involved, suggest ideas and a desire to learn is essential. The candidate will demonstrate a natural investigatory nature and be able to diagnose and resolve problems, be results driven rather than task driven with a positive CAN-DO approach focussing on solutions rather than problems and have the presence to both lead and participate in team discussions with other departments on how best to interface systems and procedures
Technical Skills and Knowledge - Project Management of internal IT projects delivering to internal customers.Experience in a manufacturing, shopfloor or Industrie 4.0 environment.
Experience installing, configuring and supporting:
- Windows Server 2012 and or 2012 R2; Hyper-V v2 and or v3; Windows 7 and or 8 variants.
- Creating and managing new vlans;
- Implementing additional network hardware as and when required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems .
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing implementations.
- Command Line and/or PowerShell.
- Knowledge of factory systems.
- Experienced professional with at least 5 year's experience in an IT Support role.
- Degree or similar in IT related subject.