Finance Team Leader
Our client is a well-established organisation with offices nationally. The finance team is based in Salisbury and the Finance Team Leader role is a key position working directly with their Head of Finance on a daily basis. They are looking for someone who has the experience to review and improve their finance processes, putting their stamp on this role as a long term and valued member of their team.
The key purpose of the role is overseeing the purchase ledger function for their busy finance department, you will be responsible for supporting other members of the finance team and overseeing a small team on a day to day basis.
This role will require proven organisational skills and the ability to review existing process and provide solutions. Working in a management capacity to must be assertive in prioritising and meeting deadlines within a fast paced environment.
- Processing purchase invoices and ensuring they are correctly allocated to the accounts software
- Managing payments on both on a weekly and monthly basis
- Processing and authorisation of employee expenses
- Coding of credit notices and posting to the accounting software
- Reviewing and posting recharges and intercompany sales invoices
- Processing and prioritising payments to suppliers
- Effective management of cash balances
- Production and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Handling of all invoice related queries
- Setting up new accounts on the accounting system
- Regular communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders nationally on a daily basis
- Bank reconciliations and posting accounting transactions to the accounting system
- Maintaining of standing orders and direct debit accounts
- Introducing changes to existing processes to facilitate reduction in manual processing times and maximising efficiencies.
- Reviewing debit balances and unpaid aged creditors on a timely basis
- Month end processes and reporting to the Head of Finance
They operate from modern offices and offer an excellent benefits package to their employees including a flexible rewards scheme.
August Clarke is working as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and is an equal opportunities employer.