Catering Manager / Relief Chef - up to £28k
Experienced Catering Manager with Kitchen / Chef experience? Love variety and working with a broad mix of clients? Step up into this newly created role!
Running a residential education and activity campus in the beautiful London countryside, your main focus will be ensuring clients and guests receive the best possible service and a truly memorable time. From school groups to charities, performing arts to sports teams, training, meeting and activity programmes, faith retreats, and corporate team-building, you find common ground with everyone and love striking up a conversation. Sometimes you'll have 900 guests on site, and sometimes zero, so you keep one eye on costs and efficiencies, ensuring labour minimal (but sufficient!) labour costs. You must be willing to relocate or travel to Buckinghamshire.
To succeed as Catering Manager you will:
- Be a chameleon: Use your experience as a trained chef to cover for the Kitchen / Relief Chef Manager on days off (and give clear handover briefs when he covers for you!). You're craft trained (as a chef of course) so you know the language of the professional kitchen, as well as bringing your Front of House Catering Manager experience
- Juggle like a pro: Use your experience as a Catering Manager to oversee the Front of House team and whole catering operation, working closely with the Kitchen / Relief Chef Manager to deliver wholesome, British meals with love.
- Be the glass half full: Yep, challenges sometimes pop up (it's inevitable, right?!). You're brilliant at thinking on your feet and creatively finding solutions, rather than focusing on the problems.
- Become a mentor: Work alongside the Kitchen / Relief Chef Manager to build, develop and train the whole team. You'll improve the standards of service, food quality and overall guest experience, whilst managing service to a flexible budget.
- Grow, learn and develop: As a rising star, you'll have ambitions to your way right up to Operations Manager, and THIS is the company that will help you do it! You'll work for a Times Top 100 contract catering employer with a 2* accreditation award for outstanding employee engagement…this isn't doing a job, it's thriving, growing, developing and being encouraged to achieve more than you thought was possible…
- Be the perfect host/ess: Your engaging character and warm but authoritative presence reassures clients that you're fully in control, whole providing a comforting welcome for guests from every background and age group
It's a 7 day operation, so you'll work 5 days out of 7, covering for the Kitchen / Relief Chef Manager (as they'll cover for you as Catering Manager on your days off!
APPLY NOW and write 'Being a Catering Manager is all about humans!' in your cover email (so I know you read the whole advert)…
And find that passport - you need to be able to work in the UK.