Head Chef - £34,000-£36,000 - Belfast
Experienced Head Chef? Used to overseeing both conference & banqueting/entertainment and restaurant service? Then YOU are the Head Chef we need!
Working at the only purpose-built conference and entertainment centre in NI and home to the best in live entertainment, you'll deliver first-class food to visitors from around the world. As Head Chef, you'll work for a multi award-winning catering company - they're all about great food made with passion, creativity and love.
You'll report to the Executive Head Chef and he'll totally rely on you to deliver a full menu within multiple areas, on time and with flair! Because it's Conferences and events, you're flexible with your rota, and know that weekends and late nights are part of the job - events happen every day of the week, so you're used to a 7 day operation.
To succeed as Head Chef you will:
- Bring your experience: You have 4+ years' experience as Head Chef and you've run brigade of 5+ chefs single-handed, including costing, menu creation, supplier liaison, portion/wastage control…all standard Head Chef stuff, right?!
- Keep learning: There are loads of training & development opportunities, and your forward-thinking approach means your career with continue to progress rapidly
- Embrace the rules & regs: HACCP, COSHH, allergens, food hygiene…they're part of your regular vocabulary & you make sure your team knows the importance of staying up to date
- Lead by example: Your brigade will respect you and work hard, driven by your enthusiasm and hands-on approach (no divas or dictators needed please!) - you're cool, calm and professional, continuously training, mentoring and upskilling your brigade
- Be flexible: Menus change, clients are demanding, extra events are booked at the last minute…that's the world of conference and entertainment! But you take it all in your stride, creatively solving problems and rolling with the punches.
APPLY NOW! Write "I'm the Head Chef you've been looking for!" in your covering email so I know you read the whole advert.
Being a Head Chef is all about attention to the small details, so I want someone like you who pays attention and is definitely up to the challenge!
- In addition to national bank holidays there are 25 days annual leave, rising to 26 in the next holiday year
- Enhanced benefits - maternity, paternity and parental leave as well as flexible working options to help support you when things in your life change
- Access to a generous group personal pension plan where we will match your contributions up to 7% and you'll gain savings on your tax and national insurance contributions. Life assurance of three times your annual salary is also provided if you are a contributing member of the pension scheme. Single cover or family cover private medical insurance, depending on your pay band
- Staff meal allowance, uniform provided, free eye test vouchers & help towards the cost of glasses for all eligible staff… and much more!
Find that passport, Chef - you must prove you can live and work in the UK.
Head Chef - Belfast: £34,000-£36,000