This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing construction firm, specialised in high-specification, residential projects with a strong focus on customer engagement and service. You will be working in a small, dedicated professional team, within a very diverse role. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in efficiently managing several building projects and implementing and managing systems and procedures, as well as achieving results through people.The areas covered by the role are Project Management, Quantity and Quality Surveying, Operations, Procurement, H&S, HR, Legal and Admin.
To delivery each project to high standards of quality, as per architectural and structural designs, complying with the latest UK building regulations; to deliver each project efficiently and on time; support the Managing Director and the wider Management Team implementing and monitoring all systems and procedures to improve staff efficiency, insuring maximised job delivery, client satisfaction and company profits.
The Construction Manager will:
- Provide advice to the technical feasibility, design, cost and risk of projects.
- Produce the cost plan, construction programme and risk register.
- Lead the delivery phase of construction (to agreed time, budget and quality).
- Procure, appoint and manage specialist consultants.
- Procure, negotiate, order and insure deliver of all necessary materials on each site
- Interact daily with In house architectural designer; In house estimator; General manager; Office staff; Managing director; Site managers and foremen; All tradesman and subcontractors on site.
5 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for signing off Architectural drawings (including drainage and any finishing’s i.e kitchen and bathroom layouts, tiles, etc) , Building Regs, Structural calculations, Contract Estimates (inc Spec and BOQ)
- Responsible for creating, managing and keeping the Schedule of Works updated in real time;
- Responsible for creating and managing the weekly , 2 week and 6 week week planners
- Managing and liaising with site managers to insure projects are running on time as per schedule of works, on plan as per architectural drawings, structural engineer designs and finishings designs.
- Prioritizing and organizing subcontractors/ trades as per schedule of works in a timely and organized fashion, insuring we deliver to high quality and efficiency, improving company profits
- Liaise with site managers and place all orders in a timely and organized fashion, always looking for the most cost effective ways to maximize company profits
- Organize weekly orders for all sites as per Weekly Planner, insuring all deliveries will arrive on time and as per PO
- Organize specialized orders i.e. glazing or bulk orders i.e. concrete lorry, bricks for all sites well in advance, securing the best possible price deals and insuring all deliveries will arrive on time and as per PO
- HIRE: Responsible for the timely hire of any plant, tools or equipment necessary in a cost effective fashion.
- LABOURER: Responsible for insuring that all sites have the adequate number of skilled tradesmen to execute the project on the exact dates needed.
- Responsible for the Project Cost Control spreadsheet, insuring that all expenses i.e. labour, materials, plant hire are adequately allocated to each project and each construction phase
- Responsible for the efficient management of all hire equipment, plant and tools on site insuring we order in a timely and cost effective fashion and that no equipment is on hire that is not needed
- Responsible for creating contracts with all subcontractors and site staff.
- Responsible for training and insuring proper site inductions are conducted with all new starters and existing staff when needed.
- Responsible for monitoring staff attendance on site and immediately reporting on variances to plan.
5. SITE ORGANISATION AND EFFICIENCY
- Site set up and 'Site-Prep’ ( ground preparation, perimeter fences, key safe, signs, permits, ect)
- Responsible for the creation of the H&S and Site Supervisiors folder and insuring they are kept up to date on a weekly basis
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vast experience and solid ability to manage and deliver full residential construction projects from ground works, to structural, to finishings, including plumbing, electricals, etc.
- Ability and demonstrable skills in managing and delivering several projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional organisational skills are a must for this role.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft essential and AutoCAD desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing systems and procedures
- Demonstrable skills in managing and achieving results through people are a MUST for this role.
- Ability to analyse and efficiently create informative solution driven reports.
- Ability to communicate and quickly build rapport with a wide range of people; you will be dealing with building inspectors, engineers, architects, builders merchants, site managers, subcontractors, tradesmen’s etc.
- Strong general IT skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft package and Gmail services.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management and communications skills.
- Full dedication to the success of the company and always having the company’s best interest in mind is an absolute must
- Driving license and ability to use own car for weekly site visits (paid £ p/ mileage)
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Architecture is desired.
A basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 and OTE £45,000; Company car (after probation period); mobile phone contribution, laptop (after probation period)