Service & Calibration Engineer
We are looking for a field service/calibration engineer based in the Midlands, to join a well-established UKAS Accredited Calibration Laboratory. Your role will be to carry out UKAS force and displacement calibrations on a wide range of different types of materials testing machines. Previous experience of work to ISO 7500 is preferred. Any training required will be given at our Rochdale premises and also at customer’s premises. Working at customer’s premises throughout the UK and also 5-6 weeks of European travel spread over the year.
· We are offering £27,000 - £34,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
· Fully-funded company vehicle - a choice of a car or van
· 5% Pension contribution by employer
· 24 days paid holiday
· Company expenses card
· Childcare vouchers
Calibrating force and displacement systems on materials testing machines. Fault finding and repairs on the above equipment. Based at home and working independently in your home area but also covering more distant areas of the UK and near continent. This is not a 9 to 5 role and does require flexibility to working hours. You will also be required to have nights away from home.
· Will have a full driving licence.
· Be willing to travel and be capable of problem-solving and working alone.
· Proficient with MS Office applications - Work Excel etc.
· Be highly motivated, flexible and capable of working under pressure.
· Have previous experience of working to ISO 7500, or have HND, HNC or Degree in either mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering.