Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location Commutable from - Dunstable, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Tring
As the Technical Buyer you will be responsible for the purchasing of bespoke systems. You will have a proven track record of purchasing within food equipment or special purpose machine environment.
Knowledge of technical purchasing is required and If you are qualified to a CIP level this would be an advantage.
A working knowledge of SAP, including but exclusive to: Purchasing module, Finance modules, reporting functions, practical knowledge of MS Office tools, including Word and Excel.
As the Technical Buyer you will work alongside both internal/external customers in the development of project sourcing strategies.
Monitor and manage the requisitions coming in to the business and the dispatch lists to identify items that need to be purchased then ensure all components required for the bespoke item are purchased within HR guide lines of the specification and the budget.
Utilise and assist in the development of new purchasing tools such as global sourcing and E-Procurement.
Identify the cheapest cost source for items, within the vendor base and new resourcing opportunities through market research or by other means.
• Liaise with the Purchasing Manager with respect to any potential resourcing opportunities.
• Initiate, develop and maintain good supplier relationships, including arranging face-to- face meetings as appropriate.
• Use SAP to identify expedite needs, and investigate any invoice, cost or quality queries.
• Attend project reviews as required, equipped with all relevant delivery information.
• Carry out any ad-hoc tasks as required by the Purchasing Manager.
• Ensure that suppliers are working within the company code of ethics and to the company terms and conditions.
• Complete quotation packs