General Manager Hospitality/Hotel
General Manager (Hospitality/Hotel)
£40,000 - £45,000 + company benefits
My client is seeking an experienced General/Operations Manager, with a Hospitality background, to join their brand new site and new team in Bristol on a permanent basis.
You will be required to lead the team in delivering a warm, friendly, exceptional service. Day to day you will manage a team of up-to 25 people and your role will be to supervise and manage the service operation within the company.
My client has a range of luxury villages throughout the UK and they are continuing to grow. The business is run with an open and transparent attitude and they offer individuality, autonomy and accountability. They pride themselves in providing an environment in which you can really succeed.
- Achieve financial targets as per the annual budget
- Control company expenditure, stock rotation and profitability
- Supervise management development, rosters and the overall welfare of the team
- Work to ensure all customers receive outstanding, personalised service
- You will ensure the team adhere to legislative requirements such as COSHH, Fire Safety, Food safety, Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- Act as the first point of contact for enquiries
- Ensure regular communication meetings take place
- Maintain a visible and high profile presence
- Promote the company within the local community, actively participate in network events and support these on occasions from within the organisation
- Network with customers and within the local community to improve relations and generate business opportunities
- Market special events
- Conduct one-to-ones, appraisals and develop personal development plans with direct reports
- Recruit, train and develop the operational team
- Identify progression and development needs to build the team and ensure a strong succession plan
The skills you'll need
- Quality Hospitality / Food & Beverage management background (previous experience within a corporate 4* hotel or quality F&B management role)
- Be able to lead, manage and motivate a high performing team through creative and inspirational leadership - ability to lead from the front and get hands dirty
- Sales / commercially driven - proactive and innovative in generating revenue and business opportunities that both achieve and exceed budgets
- Standards driven / service excellence - demonstrate a passion for customer service
This role can offer an opportunity for further career growth and it is a positive, honest working environment, with the culture of a business with big ideas.
If you're interested in this role please apply now for immediate consideration!